Thursday, January 19, 2006

In an effort to be intellectually stimulating....

Once a month, I will post a poem. These poems will not be written by me, as I prefer my dignity intact. The effort here will be to enrich the minds of anyone who happens to read this. As I understand, no one reads this blog, so at least it won't bother anyone. These poems will be chosen according to only one guideline: poems I happen to like. Poetry is often either underappreciated, or hijacked by barely literate sycophants who think a few lines of poorly assembled verse will make them the next tragic hero of the miserbale human condition. To put it bluntly, most poetry is rancid crap. I will make a point of posting poems that don't suck. If you've had some literary education in your life, there's a good chance you may have already read them. If you haven't read them, no big deal, now's your chance. Enjoy.

No comments: